Paul began his legal career in 1993 and spent four years as an assistant district attorney in Columbus and Atlanta, Georgia. As an assistant district attorney, he successfully prosecuted numerous felony jury trial cases, including many capital crimes. In 1997, Paul entered the private sector and spent two years practicing insurance defense. He has practiced family law exclusively since joining the family law firm of Warner Mayoue & Bates, P.C. in 1999. Paul joined Levine Smith Snider & Wilson in 2004.
Paul finds family law to be both challenging and fulfilling, and he enjoys guiding clients through an extremely challenging period in their lives. Paul focuses his practice on complex and high-net worth divorce cases, custody disputes, adoptions and other family law litigation. He has earned the “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Paul has also lectured on a variety of family law topics. He prides himself on being responsive and communicative with his clients while offering sound advice and advocacy to secure a successful outcome.
A native of Huntsville, Alabama, Paul and his wife have two children and reside in Brookhaven. When not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his family, exercising and traveling.
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, J.D., 1993
- Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, Alabama, B.A., 1990
- Member, Family Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Estate and Probate Section, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta, Inc.
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2024
- Named Rising Star Super Lawyer, Atlanta Magazine, 2005, 2007
- Lecturer, “Drafting Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements in Georgia,” American Bar Association
- Lecturer, “Drafting Effective Marital Settlement Agreements, Parenting Plans and Orders,” Atlanta Legal Aid Society’s Legal Services University 2016 Conference
- Lecturer, “Remedies and Options for Enforcement of Family Law Orders,” Nuts and Bolts of Family Law Seminar, Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, “High Asset Divorce Cases Involving Physicians and Medical Practices”
- Lecturer, “Valuation and Division of Complex Assets,” National Business Institute
- Author, “Equitable Distribution of Marital Property In Georgia,” American Bar Association
- Lecturer, “Child Support in Georgia – The Shared Income Approach,” National Business Institute
- Lecturer, “Professionalism in Family Law,” American Bar Association