Modification of Custody and Child Support

When financial or custody circumstances change significantly, it may be necessary to seek a modification to a divorce or other domestic decree. Many times, the provisions outlined in the original decree may no longer be in the best interest of your family.


If the circumstances of the child or one of the parents have materially or substantially changed since the entry of the custody decree, a modification of child custody and/or parenting time may be appropriate.


In Georgia, child support may be modified if there is a change in custody or a substantial change in either party’s income or financial status. The obligations of the original decree must continue to be met until there is a subsequent order of the court. If you are seeking a modification or defending a request for modification, Levine Smith Snider & Coburn can guide and represent you to ensure your interests, and the well-being of your child, are met.